Saturday, November 3, 2012

National November Writing Month Challenge

So I decided to take on the National November Writing Month Challenge.

I gotta say that it's pretty interesting doing such a thing. I thought it would be kind of stressful considering the circumstances of me trying to work two jobs, writing a short story for a Flash Fiction Contest and start up a business but I found it to be the quite opposite. It has been quite fun actually. As I am typing this, it is Day 3 of the 30 days of writing a novel at 50,000 words or more.

Currently I am at 6,279 words. The goal is to, if you choose to, write the minimum of 1,667 words per day to meet 50,010 words by the 30th. However, I understand that everyone's structure is different than the next persons, but I found some good writing tips that have been helping me push through the writing process. The way that I am structuring it is I would write 2,000+ words a day for each chapter. So 2,000 words per chapter per day. Right now, I just completed Chapter 3 of my novel.

Try it out, it's a good structure to follow.

So have fun if you choose to do NaNoWriMo. It's quite a fun process.

Out! :)
Check Out My Recent Winnings:

Winner Of September 2012 Flash Fiction Short Story Challenge:



No comments:

Post a Comment